Dr. Xiong Zhang (张雄)
Professor, School of Aerospace Engineering
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P R China
Address: Room N915, Meng MinWei Science and Technology Building
Office Phone: +86 10 62782078
Home page: http://xzhang.comdyn.cn
My Google Scholar Profile
Scopus Author Identifier: 8077138200
ORCID iD: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9905-281X
Web of Science ResearcherID: B-6733-2012
- The Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Science and Engineering in English, 2003.1~2003.5, The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), UK.
- Ph.D. of Computational Mechanics, Sept. 1989 ~ July 1992, Institute of Engineering Mechanics, Dalian University of Technology, P. R. China.
- M.Sc. of Computational Mechanics, Sept. 1986 ~ July 1989, Institute of Engineering Mechanics, Dalian University of Technology, P. R. China.
- B.Sc. of Education (Physics), Sept. 1982 ~ July 1986, Department of Physics, Ningxia University, P. R. China
- Professor, 2003.12 ~ present, Department of Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, P. R. China.
- Associate Professor, 1998.8~2003.11, Department of Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University.
- Research Associate, 1997.8~1998.7, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University Victoria, Canada.
- Associate Professor, 1994.12~1997.7, Department of Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University.
- Lecture, 1994.6~1994.12, Department of Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 1992.8~1994.5, Department of Hydraulic Engineering, Chengdu University of Science and Technology.
- Council member, Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (2014.11 ~ )
- Member of editorial board, International Journal of Computational Methods (2004.1 ~ )
- Member of editorial board, International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design (2012.1 ~ 2018.12)
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design (2014.1 ~ 2018.12, 2020.3 ~ )
- Member of editorial board, Coupled Systems Mechanics (2012.1 ~ 2017.4)
- International Advisors, HKIE Transactions (2009.3 ~ 2015)
- Member of editorial board, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica (2011 ~ )
- Member of editorial board, Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics (2003 ~ )
- Member of editorial board, Chinese Journal of Computer Aided Engineering (2010 ~ )
- Member of Chinese Association of Computational Mechanics (2003 ~ )
- Vice Chairman of Beijing Associate of Vibration Engineering (2005 ~ )
- Executive Council Member, International Chinese Association of Computational Mechanics (2007.8 ~ )
- Computational mechanics (finite element methods, meshfree methods, etc.)
- Computational Impact Dynamics
- Computational Explosive Mechanics
- Numerical Analysis of Engineering Structure
- Parallel Computing and Grid Computing
Working on basic theories and numerical methods of computational mechanics and its application in sciences and engineering practices. Especially focusing on numerical methods (meshfree and particle methods, finite element and extended finite element methods, finite volume methods) for multiscale, multiple media (rigid body, solid, fluid) and multi-physics (structure, thermal, chemical, electromagnetism) behavior of materials and structures under strong impact load (such as impact, shock and explosion). Research directions include computational impact dynamics, fluid-structure interaction, hypervelocity impact dynamics, micro- and nano-mechanics and multiscale analysis, high performance computing and analysis of large engineering structure.
Honors and Award
- World's Top 2％ Scientists (career-long citation impact). John P.A. Ioannidis (2022), “September 2022 data-update for "Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators"”, Mendeley Data, V4, doi: 10.17632/btchxktzyw.4
- Qian Ling-Xi Achievement Award for Computational Mechanics, 2016.
- ICACM Computational Mechanics Award, 2016.
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers in Computational Mechanics (Elsevier, 2015 ~ )
- Beijing Distinguished Teachers Award, 2015
- ICACM Fellows Award, 2011.12, Taipei.
- New efficient and stable meshfree methods, Second prize for Natural Science from the Ministry of Education of China, 2009 (first accomplisher).
- Innovation Research of Mechanics and Mechanism of Carbon Nano Materials and Devices, First prize for Natural Science from the Ministry of Education of China, 2008 (sixth accomplisher).
- Excellent Academic Paper of Chinese Science Association
- Award for Excellent Teaching Software, first prize, Tsinghua University, 2005.
- Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University, the Ministry of Education, China, 2004.
- Award for Excellent Text Books, second prize, Tsinghua University, 2004.
- Educational Innovation Award, Beijing Municipal Education Commission, 2003.
- Award for Excellent Young Faculties in Teaching, Tsinghua University, 2002.