WCCM 2020 MS257: Model-based simulations of structural responses under extreme loading conditions
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
We are pleased to announce that a minisymposium titled Model-based simulations of structural responses under extreme loading conditions will be organised for the joint 14th World Congress in Computational Mechanics (WCCM) and ECCOMAS Congress to be held in Paris during July 19-24, 2020. It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the minisymposium.
Structural responses under extreme loading conditions, such as impact, penetration, explosion, high-speed machining, and manufacture and surface treatment under high temperature/pressure, have attracted much attention in the recent years because of the interesting and important phenomena involved and the great challenges to computer modelling and simulation. This minisymposium aims at providing an opportunity for academic and industrial researchers in the related fields to discuss the recent advances and to promote international collaboration. Presentations are solicited in all subjects related to the model-based simulations of structural responses under extreme loading conditions, which include but are not limited to the following:
1) Development and improvement of advanced numerical methods, such as meshfree particle methods, X-FEM, boundary-type methods, isogeometric methods, discrete element methods, peridynamics, for modelling and simulation of structural responses under extreme loading conditions
2) Simulation-based disaster prediction and mitigation
3) Efficient and accurate impact-contact algorithms
4) Multi-scale computational methods and multi-scale modelling schemes
5) Numerical methods and coupling algorithms for multi-physics processes
6) Parallel algorithms and large-scale computation for the problems with extreme loading
7) Coupled Lagrangian-Eulerian schemes for the problems with moving boundaries
8) Inverse solutions and optimization in the problems with extreme loading
9) Verification, validation, and software development
10) Numerical algorithm implementation and simulation software development
Submission of one-page abstract through the congress web site is open until December 15, 2019. You may refer to the conference website https://wccm-eccomas2020.org/frontal/Autor.asp for more details. Please select “MS257: MODEL-BASED SIMULATIONS OF STRUCTURAL RESPONSES UNDER EXTREME LOADING CONDITIONS” when submitting the abstract.
We would appreciate it if you could forward the information to other active researchers who may be interested in the symposium.
Yan Liu, Xiong Zhang, Dongdong Wang, Zhen Chen, Fei Xu and Cheng Wang